Maintaining your privacy is really, really important to us. You entrust us with sensitive financial information, and we take that responsibility seriously.
This policy explains how we collect, store and use personal data about you when you browse www.invoiceomatic.io ("Invoice-o-matic") or otherwise provide your personal data to us.
By visiting, logging into, registering or using Invoice-o-matic, you agree that it's okay for us to collect, use and transfer your information (including your personal data) under the terms of this policy. If you're not cool with this or don't want to be bound by this policy any longer, please do not continue to use or enter your details on Invoice-o-matic .
When we say your "personal data," we mean any information that identifies any person that you provide to us during your trial period, after you subscribe, or contained in any other information that you provide to us. Your "personal data" may also be contained in information that we collect about you in connection with your use of the FreeAgent website and/or FreeAgent. The financial data that you enter into FreeAgent isn't part of the "personal data" discussed here, unless it identifies a person – for more information about your financial data, jump ahead to the next section. When it comes to your personal data, we comply with our respective obligations under the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act")
Information you provide – Your personal data includes the information you provide when you send emails, sign up to our mailings, or when you answer questionnaires, surveys, enter competitions or provide information in your account profile, on the Invoice-o-matic website, or during a support enquiry about you and/or your organisation.
Examples of this personal data include your name, your email address, contact and/or employee names; and any correspondence when you contact us.
Information we collect - We collect information about your website usage, to improve our service and to understand trends. Some of this data may be "personal data", where it identifies a person. Here's the information that we collect and how we use it:
- We monitor patterns of usage, such as login dates and volumes of data, so we can understand how people are using Invoice-o-matic to develop and improve our products.
- We also monitor patterns of usage so that we can tailor any communications that you have asked us to send you. For example, we may tailor your newsletter with information about product features that you haven't tried yet, instead of features that you use frequently.
- For security reasons and to aid in monitoring patterns of usage, we log your IP address when you use the website. This is your computer's individual identification number that is assigned to your computer when connected to the Internet.
- We monitor traffic information when you visit our site or read our e-mails, including things like page visits, e-mail clicks, purchases, referring sites, and video viewings. We use this information to improve our website, promotions, and to understand customer purchasing behaviour.
How we use your personal data & financial data.
This section details how we use your personal data and your financial data.
Providing Invoice-o-matic - We use your personal data to enable us to provide you with access to Invoice-o-matic. It will also enable us to contact you by email, fax, post, SMS, social media or telephone where necessary concerning Invoice-o-matic. Should you choose to use parts of Invoice-o-matic that involve providing your personal and/or financial data to third parties (for example, if you choose to give your accountant access to your data), then your personal and/or financial data will be shared in that way. We may use third parties to assist us in providing Invoice-o-matic from time to time, and in those cases may pass on your personal and/or financial data to them. In such cases we will only share your data with third parties that we trust, and where there are assurances in place as to how they will protect the data.
Improving Invoice-o-matic - We will also use and analyse your personal data and financial data so that we can administer, support, improve and develop our business, customer service and the features of Invoice-o-matic. We may use third parties to assist us in doing these things from time to time, and in those cases may pass on your personal and/or financial data to them. We will only share your data with third parties that we trust, and where there are assurances in place as to how they will protect the data.
Providing Insights - We monitor anonymous, aggregated information about account and financial data so that we can produce insights about small businesses finance. For example, based on an anonymous, aggregate data analysis, we may produce a white paper that reports how most small businesses are not paid on time. We may share these insights with customers, on our blog or other promotional material, use them internally to improve our product and communications, or share with other interested third parties. Just to be clear - we will never identify you or your business in such communications or white papers, and will never report data in such a way that your business could be identified.
Making Contact - We may use your personal data to contact you by email, fax, post, SMS, social media and/or telephone to notify you about important changes or developments to Invoice-o-matic, or to let you know about our other FreeAgent and/or third party services, content, or product ranges which may be of interest to you. We may also use your financial data to enable us to tailor these notifications (in order to make sure what we are sending you is relevant). By using Invoice-o-matic, you are consenting to this use of your data. If you change your mind about being contacted in the future, that's no problem – just contact us using the details below.
Cookies - We may further use, or permit selected third parties to use, your personal data to enable us to track and analyse Invoice-o-matic website traffic and visitor trends and improve your browsing experience. For further details, please see the FreeAgent Cookies Policy. By using Invoice-o-matic you are consenting to this use of your personal data. If you do not want us to use your personal data in this way, please see the Cookies Policy for more information.
Sharing of data
When you use Invoice-o-matic, you authorise us to share your data (personal data and financial data) with others in certain circumstances:
- We will share your data as set out in this policy, for example in the section above called "How We Use Your Data".
- We may disclose your data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries.
- We may also pass aggregate information on the usage of Invoice-o-matic where relevant, to maintain, improve and manage the Invoice-o-matic, but this will not include your personal data.
- We may also disclose your data in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets. We may also exchange other information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- We may share your data with partners who help us carry out our day-to-day provision of Invoice-o-matic, or who help us improve Invoice-o-matic. Examples of these functions include e-mail, providing marketing assistance and data analysis, handling credit card transactions, fulfilling orders and providing customer service. In these circumstances we will make sure that these partners have the right measures in place to protect your data.
- Finally, we reserve the right to cooperate with law enforcement officials in the investigation of alleged unlawful activities of Invoice-o-matic users or relating to Invoice-o-matic users. We will have no legal liability for such disclosures of your information.
Invoice-o-matic, from time-to-time, contain links to and from the websites or services of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites or services, please note that they have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any data to these websites.
Your Data's Security
When you use Invoice-o-matic, you may enter sensitive financial information. We are very aware that this information is sensitive and we are very careful about how we store it.
We partner with secure sites.
All data you provide to us is stored securely on our servers. Where we pass your data to third parties, we do so over a secure connection.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Invoice-o-matic; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
- You can unsubscribe from our promotional email communications at any time by just clicking the unsubscribe link in any email, or by emailing us at email@example.com. If you use Invoice-o-matic again, you will still receive the copy of your invoice.
- You have the right to request a copy of personal data we hold about you. To do this, simply write to us or send us an email – just use the contact details below. We may charge you £10 for providing this information to cover our administration costs.
- To provide the highest level of customer service we need accurate customer information. You can help by informing us whenever your circumstances change. You can ask us to correct incorrect personal data about you by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can find detailed information about your rights under UK Data Protection legislation on the UK Information Commissioner's website at www.ico.gov.uk.
Changes to this policy.
We may edit this policy from time to time. Please check this policy regularly for any changes. We will post all changes here, and if we make any substantial changes we may also notify you by email.
For the purposes of the Act, the data controller is FreeAgent Central Ltd. Should you wish to contact us in connection with this policy, please contact email@example.com.